Sunday, March 2, 2008

"...Because She Made Me Forget About You"

That was a line taken from "The Leap Years". In my opinion, that was the first time Li Lin managed to captivate me thru her acting. She really did bring out her potrayal of Li Ann quite well and I could really connect with her : throughout her 4 scenes together with Jeremy (Anand), I was in tears mainly due to the fact that I could feel her emotions of having to wait 4 years to see that special someone, only to find out that horrible truth lies beneath it. Look out for a scene where Li Ann "fondles" (not sure if I've used the right word to describe it. How about "grope"?) Jeremy's defined chest. I had an instant hard-on just oogling at his chest.


Jeremy (Anand) with Li Ann (Li Lin)

ANYWAY....."It's better to be loved and lost than never loved at all." I was laughing in the cinema when Li Lin qouted this line. It reminded me of "soneone"; "someone" whom I wish I get to meet on my birthday. True, it's better to be loved than never. To be loved, it shows that you are special in someone's eyes and that people "come and go"... for a reason. Some even wished that these people who just "come and go" would never existed in their Life. But take a second and look back. Imagine them not in your Life, it would make a HUGE different. You wouldn't have that "I love you, you love me" moments, no "you're my sweet-caramel brownie" darlings or no more "smooching at the escalator", only to horrifies other patrons. I personally feel that one should appreciate another's presence, even for a short term...because Life without Love, is Life not worth loving.

On another note, I feel that the movie should be more detailed...there were alot of missing pieces like out of sudden Jeremy knew it was Li Ann who sent him the letter and if they could show the relationship between Li Ann and Dyllan, Jeremy's daughter, more intensity instead of just "oh really, Auntie Li Ann? Ok. That's it, I'm not close with you." The scene with both of them was rather too short too inconvincing. But all in all, it is a VERY moving, very sweet movie to watch. Worth your $10, worth crying over, and over, and over.....and over again.

To Catherine Lim, thanks for the fairytale. It somehow gives me hope.

Now, where is my copy of "The Leap Of Love" novel??




Muack!

No comments: